Saturday, February 15, 2014

Art Preview: Closed: Monsters of the Army of God

 Here we have two really amazing works in progress by Amanda Webb, illustrating a pair of monsters for the Closed: Monsters of the Army of God bestiary.

It's been delayed again and again, but Closed is finally nearing release, which is great.  For most of 2013, I concentrated on Black Tokyo and Heavy Future- this year I want to do some good work for Otherverse America.

Amanda decided to do the artwork for Closed in the style of anatomical drawings, with cutout details. From these rough sketches, the end result reminds me a bit of Tony Diterlizzi's stuff for Planescape and Changeling. Very cool.

The top image depicts Faceless/Voiceless, a full conversion cyborg terrorist serving the Lifer nation. The bottom image depicts a Judgment Horror- I'm not going to tell you much about them, because I want them to be a surprise in the book itself.

After Closed, I plan to release a similarly massive bestiary for Heavy Future, and since I've been on a monster-making kick lately, I want to do a similarly weighty bestiary for Psi-Watch, since I've let that setting lie fallow for far too long.

Blessed Be,
CHRIS

No comments: