Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Charts Are Eating My Brain!


I'm laying out Psi-Watch version 2.0 right now. I'm about 130 pages in- probably between 1/3 and 1/2 of the way home. It's coming along very well, and the last of the art is trickling in.

Over on the left is the inked artwork (from Amanda) for the Nano-Sculptor advanced class, which emulates both Engineers from the Authority and other comic book gadgeteers very nicely.

I've got a few last pieces coming in. I have lots more original art than I did in first edition, and the stock art is being utilized a bit better. The illustrations are going to be a big crisper, larger and more attractive over all. Layout will be very simple- two column with a border at the top and bottom of the page which indicates the current chapter.

I've got a couple of sourcebooks planned for the initial weeks after the release. My goal is to keep Psi-Watch V2 in the top three at RPGnow for at least three weeks, and at the number one slot for at least a week of that. I figure that's a very doable goal, especially if I keep up the release treadmill. Look for a 'monster manual' and a short faction-splat focusing on conspiracy styled Vatican heroes.... think Magdalena or the Red Hoods in Crimson, or that team that showed upinthe Jim Lee penciled issues of Gen 13..... I might even riff on some of my old Against the Darkness stuff, do a subtle 'intercompany crossover' if it's cool with the folks at Table Top Adventures.

Anyway, the layouts coming nicely. The only thing is that laying out the charts- for the classes, various feats, class abilities, ect- is a major pain in the ass. Aside from writing up monster stat blocks laying out charts is my least favorite part of freelancing.

Talk to you later.... I've got more charts to lay out.

CHRIS

No comments: