However, I've been doing a little bit of work. Rather than doing a second volume of Enchantments of Black Tokyo, I decided to put out a revised, combined edition that will run around 300 pages. I'm going to include the revised file in the downloads of the first edition for readers who got the book through www.rpgnow.com. That way, if you've bought EBT's first edition, you get the revised version free.
I started laying out this book last night, and I've got about 90% of the art I want and need for the book. I'm debating whether to wait till this coming payday and add a little additional art, or put it out as is. I think I'll likely decide against additional delay, and have the book out.
Over on the right is the new cover, illustrated by Anthony Cournoyer, depicting two of the enchanted powered armor available in the setting. The blue suit is the Torture Ballerina Hardsuit, and the crimson suit is called the Oni-Blood Hardsuit, and was deliberately designed as a magic-tech homage to Priss' hardsuit in the Bubblegum Crisis anime.
Anyway, expect the revised Enchantments of Black Tokyo within a week or two, Skyrim be damned. The sell text and introduction are below:
This revised and dramatically expanded edition of The Enchantments of Black Tokyo is a complete and definitive guide to spells and sorcery in the strangest campaign setting ever imagined. Hundreds of new spells offer darkly thematic new ero-horror new weaons to traditional spellcasters or unparalleled flexibility to the point-based Modern Spellcasters. From spells that force lethal orgasms to spells that transform the caster into a horrific spider demon, these unique new spells blend traditional Japanese myth with hentai horror.
The real meat – the blood and guts of the sourcebook – is the exhaustive collection of magic items. Black Tokyo is a very high magic modern fantasy/horror campaign, where magic is common place, found on every darkened corner. Some of these items previously appeared in various Black Tokyo sourcebook including this sourcebook’s first editions, and are collected here to build the ultimate toy box for your campaign. Others are all new, never before seen, ranging from enchanted school uniforms to mystically empowered laptops and game consoles or a diverse array of weapons and sorcerous armors. A myriad of new powered armors, dangerous artifacts and occult-tech oddities have been added to the setting. Consumable wondrous items and enchanted sex toys join the roster of more traditional magic items and special gear.
This book’s subtitle is “Schoolgirls, Sex Toys and Powered Armor”, which should give you an idea of what you’re in for. Enchantments of Black Tokyo takes some of the most stereotypical elements of anime as an artform, melds them into a cohesive whole and presents them as part of an dark, eroticized horror setting. At nearly double the wordcount of it’s first edition, the revised and expanded edition of Enchantments of Black Tokyo is pregnant with new magic, ready to birth new wonders and horrors into your Black Tokyo campaign.
Included in this edition:
· Terrifyingly effective combat spells like Execution Chamber, Final Form, Horrorcore Transformation, Marshmellow Hell, Parade of Gory Deaths, and Vorpal Finger let you mutilate your enemies in bizarre (and stylish) new ways.
· Epic-level spells like Mighty Kaiju Henshin transform you into a sky-scraper sized superhero, while other spells, like Spider Yokai or Grotesque Oral Lusts warp you into lesser, but still demonic shapes.
· Disguisting skatto spells like Bladder Spike, Foul Infusion and Downpour of Filth turn trangessive fetishes into raw power.
· Truly vile and disturbing spells, like the Kappa’s Obscene Kiss and Purity of Rape, intended to be wielded by the setting’s worst monsters. Can you survive the monstrous onslaught?
· An assortment of all-new magic wands for use by evil-blasting heroines!
· Dozens of unique racial artifacts designed by (and for) Akaname, Nekomusume, Goryohime and other inhuman heroes and villians.
· Busty Magic and the all new Pettanko Magic – cast unique spells using the size of your character’s breasts as an additional spell component!
· Advanced technology married to occult enchantments, in the form of half a dozen ultra-lethal Hardsuits. Duel high above the Tokyo night in a suit of magi-tech powered armor like the Torture Ballerina Hardsuit or Moonlight Assault Hardsuit.
· Quirky anime and video game-inspired enchantmented weapons like the Assault Witch Carbine, Expelling Scissors or the colorful Hirosaki series of weapons.
· Artifacts ranging from myth including Kusanagi, the First Katana, Ai-Ona’s Spear, the Tide Jewels, demonic artifacts like the Demon’s Phallus or the immortality-bestwoing Vile Bloodworms, to high-value modern artifacts like a Catprogram Upgrade.