Wednesday, August 13, 2008

PSI WATCH IS ALMOST READY

Okay, boys and girls, I'm finally getting familiar with Adobe Page Maker (it came with my computer) and I've decided that I'll lay out Psi-Watch myself. The good news: I was able to contact Jim Lee and comission a cover, and Marc Silvestri will be doing a few peices of internal art.

No, not really. I'm just fucking with you. Got your attention though, didn't I?

Seriously, though, Psi-Watch will be ready probally by the end of this weekend. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the layout process. It's going to be fairly basic. Two columns of black and white text, with inset artwork. Nothing fancy about the layout, but man oh man, is it going to be lavishly illustrated. I'm a simple creature: I like lots of color on the pages of the products I buy, so any products I SELL will have that same philosophy in mind. I'm not going to do any background print or sidebar text boxes, due to the criticism I've recieved for D20 Decade: the 1980s. I'll also be including a plain text file with the PDF, so readers have a searchable, small and portable version of the product for everyday game-table use.

Anyway, to reiterate what's cool about Psi-Watch: It's a variant psionic system for D20 Modern, based very heavily on the first year or two of Image Comics. Government superspies, cyborgs, mutants, power armor, big-ass guns, beautiful women, ruggedly handsome men, and 'sentient gasesous post-huamns'.... Psi-Watch will have it all. Look for it in a few more days, and thanks for the patience.

CHRIS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like what I've seen so far. Though the layout is kinda hard to follow. Next time, put in page breaks at the end of all your chapters... :)
BTW: Where is teh plain text version you mentioned in your Blog? I got mine from RPGNow & it just had the one PDF..

Thanks again!