Saturday, January 31, 2009

BOOM! DONE!

Okay, I just sent off Otherverse America to Mark for posting... expect Otherverse America for sale in a couple of weeks, at most. The campaign setting tops 320 pages of very, very dense content. I've also included a printer friendly, no art edition, which tops out at about 100 fewer pages.

One of the things I'm most proud of is the fact this is a huge, guaranteed to be controversial, attention-grabbing and unique setting. In terms of content, I'd put it up against anything WOTC or Green Ronin ever put out, and its a solo project. With the exception of some stock art and stock images, I bled into every line of the sourcebook. The fact I did everything myself means no matter how many or how few PDFs I sell, I make money, and there is literally no way I can lose money. Even taking into account the cost of the stock art peices I used, if I sell two copies I make a profit. Freed from the worry about breaking even, I can put out some really ambitious stuff, at my own pace, answerable to noone but myself, and in so doing create a really personal, really ambitious project.

Hopefully, my faith in the setting and pride in what I've accomplished is justified, and you all pick up a copy and enjoy it.

One thing to note- after finishing writing, drawing and laying out a 320 page behemoth, I am definitely ready to take a bit of a break. Expect some light, quick stuff, including some fantasy stuff and maybe some freelance modern crime/espionage stuff for Louis.

Anyway, have a good one, and enjoy the Superbowl tomorrow.

CHRIS

No comments: