Monday, February 8, 2010

2010 is going to be an awesome year!

Things are coming together very nicely and I'll be putting out alot of high profile projects in Spring 2010. The image to the right is a character illustration from the Neverborn racial Sourcebook, done by the excellent Amanda Webb.

I've got almost all of the art I need for this project and will be laying out the Neverborn racial splat in a few days, once the last pieces trickle in. I'm looking forward to it, as it represents a very nice, integrated view of a race and culture.

Next on deck is Psi-Watch Ver 2.0. Again, I've got a bunch of awesome art on the way from Amanda, and Rudolfo Montemayor, who did some of my favorite Image-style illustrations from the LPJD Image Portfolios in the original release will be contributing an original cover.

I'm looking forward to that. I sent him a draft, told him to pick out any elements he thought were cool and draw something badass.

Finally, after a while on the back burner, Black Tokyo II is nearing completion. Spurred by a question here, I got in touch with Mark the other night to find out exactly what's going on with it. Expect it soon! I'm also revisiting the manuscript. Just last night I added around 3K new words, a new major villainous organization and some new feats.

I'd like to include Black Tokyo specific starting occupations or character templates, some new monsters and at least one new class to the manuscript- lolita superheroines inspired by the Strike Witches anime. I also want to include some more monsters and keep putting my diseased spin on some traditional Japanese monsters.

I've also got a stronger narrative hook and theme for BT II: how women react to living in this fucked up, misogynist world and how they either strengthen themselves or mutilate themselves to survive. Should be interesting.

Oh hey want a preview of Black Tokyo II's table of contents?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Japanese_legendary_creatures

I'm only half way joking. This particular page is probably my favorite Wikipedia entry, and one I've got immeasurable use out of.

Anyway, have a good one.
CHRIS

No comments: