Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Culture of Choice Cover Pencils

I just saw this in my inbox this afternoon and thought I'd share it with you. This is the penciled art for the Culture of Choice cover, by Amanda Webb. She based the composition on an old GI Joe cover image, which is awesome and the pencils came out awesome. I'm really, really pleased with this image and can't wait to get the finished version.

One thing you'll notice is that in addition to her designs for Julie Riddle and Hiemdall (bottom male and female figures), she also included Scott Holmes' female Choicer Soldier (middle female figure) and Vic Shane's Ubasti (the lion). I asked her to include a variety of characters from different artists in the image to give the book a consistent feel over all, and I wanted a cover treatment to how Paizo Publishing does its covers. On the Paizo covers, its always a handful of their iconic characters getting into some shit, and I wanted something similar here.

You don't know how happy I am with this artwork.
CHRIS


No comments: