Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Third Edition D20 is Still Alive!

Hey, guys, gals and hermaphadites, how's it going?

It's been a busy month for me, both with my civilian job and on the game design front. Psi-Watch released early this month, and seems to be doing fairly well. From the sales I'm hoping that alot of you are enjoying this new take on D20 Modern Psionics. I'd like a little bit more word of mouth on it. Give me some reviews- good, bad or indifferent. I'd like to hear from you guys on what you liked, what you're using in your home campaigns and what to include in future releases.

I'm also releasing a bunch of 3.5 Fantasy stuff. The Thinking Races are a line of revisions to the core races of D&D. The first installment of this standalone series "Diverse Humanity" is up now at all the usual places, and "Core Revisions" with its new takes on Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes will be up soon. I've gone ahead an purchased some absolutely awesome art from Amanda to illustrate the third book in the series, which details the archetypes and races that aren't 'core', but that always manage to find their way into fantasy gaming anyhow: pixies, merfolk, minotaurs, and the like.

Below is the rough sketch for the Sirens player race, which are delicious when pan fried with butter and lemon. Or with beer batter.....



I've got several more Thinking Race PDFs on deck, some of which are waiting for art. In addition, I've got some D20 Modern/Future advanced classes on deck in the tradtion of the work I've done for Marc's D7 Advanced Class Update Line. Also, look for some short, free PDFs mixed in there, as a thankyou for your continued patronage. I'm also working on some support for Black Tokyo, as my best selling product (EVER) I feel that setting definately needs some love.

Right now, I'm focusing very heavily on my own personal universe: Otherverse America. I'm in a wierd place with O.A. it's a setting that's very personal to me, and something I'm passionate about, but I know as a commerical project it is (to put it mildly) a huge risk. I'll be releasing Guide to the Known Galaxy first, probally within a month! I'm doing the art myself, first because it's cheaper and easier, and secondly because this setting is my baby, and I want to do as much as I can on it myself.

I read this Wizard interview with Kaare Andrews a few months back, before Reign premiered. In it, he says that he may not be the best artist, or the best writer, or the best colorist, ect, but since he was doing it all himself, that's something special, something very few other creators can do. That idea of being a self made, one-man-band creator appeals to me alot.

Anyway, talk to you later, and once Guide to the Known Galaxy hits, I'll probally be giving away the original art for it and Psi-Watch. Not quite sure how to go about that, but we'll see.....

CHRIS

No comments: