Friday, October 14, 2011

I may have a non-fiction book in me....

Right now, I'm working on a nice big faction-splat for the Lifers, something focusing on the elite supersoldiers cached on Kodiak Island, their training and how they fit into the world of 2107 CE as a whole. Naturally, this involves (because this is D20) coming up with bunches of mechanical bits- feats, classes, gear, ect.... and to give everything a strong Lifer flavor, and make sure the faction has its own identity and play-style, I've been revisiting tons of the original research I did on the real world Army of God and anti-abortion terrorism as a whole.

And I realized something.... while a few books have come close, especially Risen & Thomas' Wrath of Angels, which I cited in the core book's bibliography, there hasn't really been a definitive text on the Army of God. So I got to thinking, I'm knowledgeable about the subject, passionate about it, and a pretty decent writer. So why not (and this is a while down the road) go a bit deeper into the rabbit hole, do some more research and put out a nice non-fiction book on the subject? A big true crime/political science hardback would look pretty kick-ass on my shelves.

Anyway, talk to you later,
CHRIS

No comments: