I'm working on monsters right now. The top image depicts the Fatal Five, and among them, the Persuader, who's physics-defying, ultra-powerful axe is one of my favorite comic book weapons. Beneath is John Picot's render of the "Demolisher", my knock-off version of the Persuader and his axe. The Demolisher art was actually a rejected image from San Francisco 2107, among John's first pass at an Asatru soldier. I decided the image was too evil looking, and too barbaric for a Choicer hero, but it's still a cool image, and perfect for a 35th Century supervillian.
The Demolisher of Worlds
Large CE Monstrous Humanoid (Psionic)
Init +0 Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +14
Languages Galactic Common, WARSTAR, Italian, a few others
AC 21 Touch 9 Flatfooted 21 (-1 size, +12 equipment)
Damage Reduction 10/magic
HP 20d10 +180 +20 hp (310 HP)
FORT +17 REF +12 WILL +14
Immune Ballistic, Cold, Fire, Poison, Radiation, Suffocation
Spd 40 ft
Melee +30/+25/+20/+15 psycho-kutter (2d8+10 slashing, 20/x3 plus vorpal)
Or +30 psycho-kutter (4d8+10 slashing, 20/x3 plus vorpal)
Str 31 Dex 11 Con 29 Int 9 Wis 15 Cha 11
Base Atk +20 CMB +31 CMD 41
Feats Cleave, Deadly Stroke, Dazzling Display, Great Cleave, Great Fortitude, Intimidating Prowess, Shatter Defenses, Toughness, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (psycho-kutter)
Skills Climb +22, Intimidate +22, Knowledge (streetwise) +11, Perception +14, Survival +14
Gear Prototype Psycho-Kutter, Demolisher armor
Environment anywhere he can kill lots of people
Organization wading alone in a pool of blood 5 ft deep
Treasure double (the deadliest sword in the galaxy plus lots of drugs)
The Demolisher is a sociopath, pure and simple. Every time he drops an opponent to 0 HP or fewer, the rush of pleasure-chems and adrenaline allows him to recover 10 HP, which cannot take him past his normal maximum HP total. In addition, if the Demolisher is suffering an ongoing effect that hinders his effectiveness, he may make an additional saving throw to negate the effect after making a kill.
In addition to using the Psycho-Kutter as a standard melee weapon, the Demolisher can also use it to cut through universal forces, disrupting the laws of physics in the immediate range. The Psycho-Kutter has enough power to disrupt the laws of physics up to 8 times in a 24 hour period before its micro-nuclear power cells need to recharge.
As a full round action, the Demolisher can cut through a physical force, resulting in the following effects. Note that the Demolisher’s unique prototype Psycho-Kutter has capabilities that standard Psycho-Kutter’s lack.
- Cut through Light, creating darkness in a 30 ft radius. Not even darkvision can see through this darkness, which lasts for 1 minute.
- Cut through Gravity, creating a low gravity environment in a 60 ft radius. This effect lasts for 1 minute.
- Alternate Effect: Completely nullifies gravity around one creature of Size Large or smaller. This causes the creature to fly upward at a speed of 100 ft for 1d4 rounds before gravity reasserts itself and they fall. Has no effect on flying creatures.
- Cut through Luck, which renders all enemy creatures incapable of using action points for any reason for 1d6 rounds; during this time, they suffer a -5 on attack rolls made to confirm critical hits.
- Cut through Loyalty, which affects a single creature within 60 ft of the Demolisher, and acts as Dominate Monster cast by a 20th level sorcerer.
- Cut through Time, which slows all creatures within a 60 ft radius for 1d4 rounds, with the exception of the character wielding the Psycho-Kutter.
- Cut through Hyperspace, which prevents a specific starship which is within 2 space scale squares (1,000 ft) and visible to the Psycho-Kutter’s wielder from entering hyperspace for 1 minute. This ability can only be activated in hard vacuum.
- Cut through Dimensions, which has a 25% chance of releasing a random prisoner from the Argonite Wraith Zone. If a prisoner is released, there is a further 25% chance that it is an Argonite Wraith Zoner, not a living creature. In either case, the initial attitude of the freed prisoner is helpful towards the person who freed it.
Vorpal Psycho-Kutter (SU)
The Demolisher’s Psycho-Kutter has the vorpal quality. On a natural 20, it severs the opponents head from their body, usually resulting in instant, spectacular death.