Saturday, April 11, 2015

Art Preview: Ecchi Enchantments

In addition to my Battlechangers work, I'm also doing a short sequel to Enchantments of Black Tokyo, to be called Ecchi Enchantments, that focuses primarily on sex related magic items. Amanda just sent me a bunch of great work in progress shots of her illustrations for the book.

In her email to me, she referred to the first image as 'still life with gun and panties', which is such a classical title for a Black Tokyo image. I loved it. I was thinking of using something else as the cover, but I might use this image for the cover art. The other image depicts a critical hit enhancing amulet related to Lord Sharkskin, a setting villain I introduced in Black Tokyo: Electric Town, and will be following up on in future source books. This one's more violence than sex, but still a nice addition to the book.

Calling All Perverts!
I love talking to my fans, especially my freakier ones. If you've got a magic item or two you want to see appear in Ecchi Enchantments, no matter how bizarre, send me an email with Ecchi Enchantments in the subject line. You'll get credit in the book (either by real name or psuedonym, whatever you prefer) and a copy of the PDF, and your magic item will become Open Content under the OGL.

Don't send more than a couple hundred words, at most, because this is basically me thowing up the project to my existing readers and fans. I don't feel uncomfortable about asking fans to write 200 words or so worth of magic items for free, because I'm not going to be making huge money off it, and its a chance for them to see something odd and quirky and fun published. I would feel uncomfortable about somebody sending in a 12,000 word manuscript for free. So just send in one or two magic items, if you're interested.

Not sure how long I'll wait before publishing Ecchi Enchantments. I might delay its publication by a little bit if I get a big response, and if any of these items really cry out to be illustrated, there might be a short delay between receipt of the magic item idea and the PDF's publication as I commission additional artwork.

 CHRIS


No comments: