Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Attack is for times of plenty.....

....defense is for times of insufficiency.
-Sun Tsu.

The quote is appropriate right now. About 6 months ago I was contracted to produce a modern magic/post-apocalyptic setting for Reality Deviants. Unfortunately, the money fell through, which is a problem when working freelance. So for about half a year now, I've had a draft of Slaughterhouse Earth sitting on my harddrive, doing nothing.

And every spare dollar I've had, I've put into building up a stock art morgue during this time. And my tastes in stock art tend to run to the dark, the violent and the creepy. I like images of monsters, guns, and monsters with guns.

So I have a surplus of 1) post apocalyptic text and 2) stock art suitable for a post-apoc setting. So guess what I'm doing right now?

I'm taking a break from APEX for a couple of days to put out a new post-apoc/horror sourcebook entitled Cruel Evolution. I'm breaking the big Slaughterhouse Earth manuscript into 3-4 smaller products, which I'll release over the next few months in conjunction with Skortched Urf.

The first sourcebook will be a 'powers' book- expect a new player race, the Clavers, new mutation rules, a bunch of feats spells and 5 new advanced classes. The best way I can describe Cruel Evolution and the Slaughterhouse Earth campaign world is "Rifts as written by Clive Barker"......

Hopefully it'll be well recieved.

Anyway, I'm about 2/3 done with the layout. One of the great satisfactions of self publishing is the fact I'm getting better at layout and design with every book I put out. Cruel Evolution is clean, pretty and lavishly illustrated.

Anyway, have a good one, and expect a bunch of releases from me, and from Mark, over the next few months.

Blessed Be,
CHRIS

No comments: