Thursday, October 17, 2013

Job Found, Projects Coming

Well, it's been about a week since the last update, and here's what's going on.

I managed to get interviews with several different companies this week, including a cooking job for one of the town's McDonalds- same crap work I was doing for Whataburger. I got the job of course, and was scheduled to start Friday. However, in the intervening period, I had interviews with several other companies.

I ended up accepting a gig with the Mini Mart company- a local chain of convenience stores in central Texas- there's about a dozen of these stores around Kerrville, and several more in the surrounding towns. I think the company focuses mostly on smaller markets, where they're not competing directly with Stripes or the other big chains. I'll be starting up with them tomorrow- the store I'll be working at will be the one directly across the street from my old Whataburger, which falls somewhat short of irony.

It's slightly lower money than the Whataburger job, which I had been at, either in Corpus or up here, for five years. However, pay raises and advancement is much more rapid, and the company offers a better benefit package. To wit, as opposed to the cheap SOBs I used to work for, they offer benefits at all. Plus, and this is important to me- for the money I'll be getting paid, I'll be sweating and stressing a lot less. I've worked both restaurant and convenience stores in the past, and the latter is a far easier, far less stressful environment.

So now that my 'civilian' job situation is all cleared up, lets talk my RPG writing job.

I just finished off Heavy Future and turned it into Mark for publication yesterday. It will be up soon. I'm waiting on the last pieces of art for Heavy Weapons, which will deal with weapons, spells and gear. That should be up in a few more days. I'm also finishing up a follow on supplement called Dirty Galaxy, focusing on diseases, haunts, traps and other nastiness in the Heavy Future campaign. It's a follow on to The Dangers & Discoveries POD sourcebook from Louis Porter Jr. Designs, which collected 24 each of traps, diseases, ect, and is written in a similar format. I'm actually plugging the old LPJD sourcebook in Dirty Galaxy, because there's some cross over there.

After that, I need to keep on Felipe Gaona's back to get the last art for Closed: Monsters of the Army of God. That'll probably be my last big Otherverse America release of the year.

Beyond that, I've decided that I didn't have enough material or inspiration for a Sectaurs stand alone campaign world, though I've got quite a bit of art already. So I will be folding the Sectaurs stuff into my He-Man homage campaign, Endara. I'm actually starting formal work on that book finally, and will be working on that in between Heavy Future projects.

John Picot LOVES Heavy Future, and is taking the setting in different directions than I planned. The Erobot and Psyren races in the sourcebook are all his, and he's constantly coming up with new setting elements, from new weapons and spells to space pirate NPCS. It was his decision to emphasize robot fetish and technosexual fetish elements with the Erobots, and that hook will form the basis for my upcoming Expanded Races: Erobots sourcebook.

CHRIS

No comments: