Saturday, August 16, 2014
The manuscript topped out at 246 pages- 243 pages of content minus the cover, OGL page and credits page. About 200 new spells, around 75 new weapons and armors each, plus around 200+ total wondrous items and artifacts. It's a huge, capital C CRUNCHY book.
Last night I did the final layout- basically worked through the same process as all my recent releases. Put on a DVD of cop shows- season 6 of NYPD Blue in this case, create a rough draft PDF and than go through page by page looking for pixelated images, images that pass into the page border or have a pixel of white space between the black border line and the left or right edge of the image, ugly table layouts, ect. This book I wanted to make sure the Spell Resistance listings for all the spells weren't cut off. So for 200 spells, instead of letting the entry look like this
because of the word wrap, I had to go through and make sure it looked like
Spell Resistance Yes
Same thing with the weights of the magic items, it was bugging me to see
Weight 8 lbs
It's not really an error per se, just something I wanted to correct and I think I got 'em all.
Anyway, look for Enchantments of Black Tokyo up later this week.
Also, give me an idea what to work on next. I've got several projects lined up next, but I'd love to hear what you guys would want to see.