Thursday, April 21, 2011

Numbers



Okay, a brief update on the Otherverse America campaign setting. I put together a complete draft, consolidating all the chapter files I'd had lying around for the Otherverse America ultimate edition, to get an idea of the size of the thing. Right now, as a 12 pt Times New Roman word document, Otherverse America Unlimited Edition tops out at 330 pages, which mean the illustrated core rulebook will likely be in the neighborhood of 400 pages! In terms of word count, the document runs about 150K words. This sucker is going to be HUGE!

The Otherverse America Game Master's Guide which includes a complete monster manual, plot hooks for days, and suggestions about running the campaign, tops out at about 120 pages. It might swell a bit, because I want to add some more fiction to it.

So expect at least 500 pages of kick ass transhumanist pagan-flavored cyberpunk this summer.

Oh, the illustration on the right is Choice Meredith, a superspy/assassain/terrorist aligned with the Choicer nation, and one of the settings big villains. I got the illustration from Vic Shane, through the RPGnow product shown below. I figure that for $10 bucks I got a cool B&W illustration. I'll be using Vic a bit more to fill in gaps, and give me a deeper art roster. Ten fucking dollars. I'm amazed- don't know how long he'll have this product up, but I'll take advantage as long as I can.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=86441

Anyway, talk to you later.
CHRIS

No comments: