Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last Art

Okay, I just received this piece, illustrating an APEX supersoldier, from Alex Garcia. After this, I've got one last illo outstanding: a landscape shot of Pensacola, FL from Felipe. The scenic shots have been a huge drain on the budget, artwise- they're more expensive than most character shots- but they're absolutely vital to the setting. I'm glad I've gotten them. Anyway, Felipe send me a rough draft for comments the other day, and I should have a finalized illo soon.

In the meantime, I'm starting to work on a revised draft of Guide to the Known Galaxy, and I've already commissioned a handful of images: Amanda is doing a revised illo of the Sequence, while I'll eventually get a shot of a generic Arabic spacer (who works the Asteroid Belt region) and a monster called a Valkyrie Type from Alex.

I'm also in the process of revising some Black Tokyo content for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Living Toys and Harem Mages has sold (and continues to sell) ABSOLUTELY HUGE numbers. However, as I'm working on the text, I'm realizing that D20 Modern and the PFRPG are such different beasts that I'm not just going to do a straight up conversion, and worry more about capturing my original feel and intent within the new rule set. I figure I'll start with a couple of mid-length sourcebooks: one focusing on shit and blood magic, and one focusing on the various races of the setting. I'll be using Amanda and some of my other artists for the illos, and will use the eventual profits from these sourcebooks and other BT-converts to fund Guide to the Known Galaxy and Pirates of the Bronze Sky. Also, expect a few quick sourcebooks in the meantime, including a very fun Galaxy Command sourcebook I've got Amanda doing cover duty on.

Also, I'm looking for even more artists. If you've got a decent online portfolio, send me a link and a basic schedule of your rates to Chrisfieldotherverse@hotmail.com.

Blessed Be,
CHRIS

No comments: