Monday, January 17, 2011

Draft of Black Tokyo III

I just saw a laid out draft of Black Tokyo III, which should be coming out in the next couple weeks. It's a nice clean layout and includes a new player race, new advanced class, and starting talents for Black Tokyo, among some other stuff. Clocking in at about 35 pages, it will be a good player and gamemaster guide to what's turned into my best selling and most popular campaign setting.

Anyway, I just figured I'd give everybody an update on what's going on with me. When my computer died, I lost my Adobe Pagemaker for good. Which really, really sucks, because I love the independence that program gave me. If I had an idea I could lay out a script in PDF form in a couple of hours and get it up on www.RPGnow.com that night.

Right now, I'm saving up to get a copy of Adobe InDesign 5. The good news is I can probably score an academic license and save a couple hundred bucks on it, but I won't have it for a little while longer. Still, I'll get it soon enough. Once I get it, it'll take me a bit of time to learn the new program, but I figure I can learn on the job as I release smaller PDFs before jumping into Otherverse America Unlimited Edition or some other big ideas I've had.

In the mean time, I've been having to depend more on Louis and Mark to put stuff out on my behalf. Right now, I'm working on a revision of an older Devil's Workshop sourcebook- one of the first I did with Louis, infact. I realized that the old Accidents of Birth sourcebook I did, which deals with mutations and deformities, would be an absolutely perfect candidate for revision to the Pathfinder RPG. I plan to revise everything more in line with the D20 Future Mutation rules, because the old book (viewed as a more experienced game designer) was kinda all over the place. Anyway, I'm heading back to the draft of that.
Talk to you all later,
CHRIS

No comments: